Music – Level 1/2 Vocational Award in Performing Arts (Music)
Specification Description: this qualification is made up of 3 units:
Unit 1: Performing
- You will learn the skills and techniques needed to produce a successful performance of an existing piece of music.
Unit 2: Creating
- You will learn how to create and refine your own original work through Music Composition, using Music Technology (cloud software).
Unit 3: Performing Arts in Practice
- You will learn about areas of the of performing arts industry that need to be considered when responding to a commission and will consider these when coming up with and pitching your own idea.
|Unit 1: Performing||Controlled Assessment||30%|
|Unit 2: Creating||Controlled Assessment||30%|
|Unit 3: Performing Arts in Practice||Controlled Assessment||40%|
For Unit 1 and 2 you will be assessed through Coursework/ Project work (not external exams) in response to briefs. The final project for each Unit will take 10 hours to complete in ‘controlled’ conditions and each Unit will be worth 30% of your qualification. For each Unit you be set a scenario by the exam board and will need to undertake a number of tasks.
In Unit 3 you will undertake another project in response to a brief, which will take 20 hours and be worth 40% of your qualification. You will be given a scenario and will need to undertake a number of tasks.
What skills will I develop?
You will develop a range of skills which are attractive to employers, colleges and universities including:
* Learning independently
* Problem solving
* Enhance spatial organisation
* Taking on responsibility
* Time management
To do well you need to:
* Have enthusiasm and enjoyment of Performing on your own
* Be prepared to practise for 30 minutes on your instrument (or voice) outside of lesson time
* Have a desire to learn Music Technology, and patience to develop your new skills
* Take risks when developing and refining your composing skills
The Performing Arts industry offers a wide range of exciting opportunities such as:
|· Arts administrator
|· Drama / Music Therapist
· Front of House Manager
· Lighting / Sound Technician
· Stage manager